Serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1 Roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, minced (omit or substitute green pepper for less heat)
- 1/2 cup Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 5 limes, juiced
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat (jumbo lump preferred)
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- Roast the poblano peppers on the stove, grill, or in the oven until the skin is blackened and blistered. Remove from heat, place in heat proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap or dish towel for 15-20 minutes allowing the skin to steam and loosen. Remove skin and discard stem and seeds. Finely chop peppers and allow to cool before combining with remaining ingredients.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add shrimp, crab, and avocado. Gently fold together.
Inspired by the Seafood Campechana at Goode & Co.
Photo by Sari M. Bailey