Serve with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables.
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package cream cheese, softened and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place beans in an even layer in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Add cream cheese slices.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese melts.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the beans.
- Layer pico de gallo, Diablo Verde, and cheese.
- Microwave 1 - 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onion, cilantro, avocado and lime juice
Adapted from a recipe submitted by Kendra Lema
Photo by Sari M Bailey