- 2 teaspoons bacon fat
- 3 large Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved (or substitute 2 tablespoons pico de gallo)
- 2 tablespoons Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Heat bacon fat in a large pan over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and chopped bacon. Spread bacon out in pan allowing bacon to cook evenly, 4-5 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Lower heat to low. Move bacon and sprouts mixture to the side of the pan allowing enough space for two eggs. Crack each egg and add to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, approximately 3 minutes (or longer if a firmer yolk is desired).
- Remove bacon mixture and eggs from pan and move to a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and Diablo Verde.
Adapted from the Brussels sprouts with bacon and eggs recipe by @squeakypigfoodie
Photo by Sari M Bailey