- 1 cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound raw large peeled and deveined shrimp with tails off Vegetable or coconut oil, for frying
- Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce, for serving
- Set up a work station with three bowls.
- In the first bowl, combine flour, salt and garlic powder.
- In the second bowl, add the three eggs.
- In the third bowl, combine the Panko bread crumbs and coconut.
- Dredge one shrimp at a time in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the shrimp into the eggs, then dredge in the Panko/coconut mixture, thoroughly coating the shrimp.
- Add oil (about 1 inch deep) to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry shrimp in small batches, about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve Diablo Verde in a separate bowl as a dipping sauce.
Download Recipe Here