- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until the onions begin to soften. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and continue cooking for 30-60 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprouts and chia seeds (optional). Cook until Brussels sprouts soften, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to low. Add bacon and Diablo Verde. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Photo by Sari M Bailey