- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large (burrito) tortilla or 3 small flour tortillas (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 2 tablespoons black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- Variations: Try different ingredients such as pico de gallo, corn, jalapeno peppers, sliced mushrooms, and sliced black olives
- Select a nonstick pan approximately the same size as the tortilla.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Season the eggs with chives, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until blended.
- Spread Diablo Verde on the tortilla.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and sprinkle the eggs with black beans and red bell pepper.
- Cook the egg mixture, about 3 minutes, keeping the mixture flat and evenly distributed in the pan.
- When the eggs are almost completely set, add the tortilla (Diablo Verde side down).
- Gently push down on the tortilla and cook 1 minute so the eggs can finish cooking.
- Flip the egg and tortilla so the egg is face up in the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is slightly browned but not crisp.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, roll, then slice in half.
- If one large tortilla is too difficult to flip, try adding 1/3 of the egg mixture to a small nonstick pan and follow the instructions above using a small, instead of a large, tortilla.
- If flipping the egg and tortilla is a challenge, heat a second larger nonstick pan and flip the egg and tortilla into the larger pan.
- While the tortilla is browning in one pan, start cooking the next egg roll in the other