- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large (burrito) tortilla or 3 small flour tortillas (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 2 tablespoons black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- Variations: Try different ingredients such as pico de gallo, corn, jalapeno peppers, sliced mushrooms, and sliced black olives
- Select a nonstick pan approximately the same size as the tortilla.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Season the eggs with chives, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until blended.
- Spread Diablo Verde on the tortilla.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and sprinkle the eggs with black beans and red bell pepper.
- Cook the egg mixture, about 3 minutes, keeping the mixture flat and evenly distributed in the pan.
- When the eggs are almost completely set, add the tortilla (Diablo Verde side down).
- Gently push down on the tortilla and cook 1 minute so the eggs can finish cooking.
- Flip the egg and tortilla so the egg is face up in the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is slightly browned but not crisp.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, roll, then slice in half.
- If one large tortilla is too difficult to flip, try adding 1/3 of the egg mixture to a small nonstick pan and follow the instructions above using a small, instead of a large, tortilla.
- If flipping the egg and tortilla is a challenge, heat a second larger nonstick pan and flip the egg and tortilla into the larger pan.
- While the tortilla is browning in one pan, start cooking the next egg roll in the other
Inspired by Nadiya Hussain's egg roll recipe from Nadiya's Time to Eat
Photo by Sari M Bailey
Download Recipe Here