- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 - 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 - 10 ounce can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper Salt, to taste
- 1 - 12.5 ounce jar Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chicken, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatoes and green chilies, seasonings, and Diablo Verde to the onion and pepper mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Layer the following in a lightly oiled 9x13 baking dish:
- 4 tortillas, tear as needed to fit the baking dish
- 1/3 chicken mixture
- 2/3 cup of cheese
- Repeat the layers in the order listed above two more times for a total of three layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes
Recipe inspired by Rebecca Vandall
Photo by Sari M Bailey
Download Recipe Here