- 9 flour tortillas (or substitute corn tortillas)
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked chicken, shredded (or substitute cooked shrimp)
- 1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 - 12.5 ounce jar Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking dish and assemble the following in layers:
- 3 tortillas, tear as needed to fit the baking dish
- 1/2 of the shredded chicken
- 1/3 of the cheese
- 1/3 jar of Diablo Verde
- Repeat the layers in the order listed above.
- Add a final layer of tortillas and top with the remaining
- 1/3 jar of Diablo Verde. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add remaining cheese, and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.