- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 - 12.5 ounce jar Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook the spaghetti per package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti when done.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add ground beef to the skillet.
- Break up meat, season with chili powder and cumin, and brown.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and squash cooking just enough to sear the vegetables, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the following in a lightly oiled 9x13 baking dish:
- Ground beef mixture
- Diablo Verde
- Peppers and squash
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Photo by Sari M Bailey