- 2 cups uncooked sushi rice (may substitute another rice such as long-grain white or brown or 5 cups of cooked cauliflower rice)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces imitation crab meat (may substitute shrimp or real crab)
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (may substitute chia seeds or sunflower seeds)
- 1 nori sheet, thinly sliced (optional for garnish)
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small microwavable bowl.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve sugar.
- Add the rice vinegar mixture to the cooked rice.
- Stir to combine.
- Divide rice evenly into individual bowls, then add crab, cucumber, avocado, edamame, carrots, and green onions.
- Drizzle with Diablo Verde and garnish with sesame seeds and slices of nori.
Photo by Sari M Bailey