Serve in avocado halves, over greens, in a tortilla, with crackers, or on sandwich or pita bread.
- 1-1/2 cups precooked or poached chicken chopped into 1/4 inch cubes, recipe follows 1 apple chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice (juice of 2 lemons/limes)
- 1/4 cup Diablo Verde Creamy Cilantro Sauce 1/2 avocado, seeded, peeled, and cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Poached Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 medium uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine cooked chicken, apple, celery, red onion, pecans, garlic, and lemon or lime juice in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add Diablo Verde, stir to coat, then add avocado and gently mix all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Poached Chicken Directions:
- Place chicken breasts in a medium saucepan with garlic, lemon juice, salt, and enough water to fully cover the chicken by an inch. Heat over medium-high heat until water boils, turn down heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Recipe courtesy of Maite McCollam
Photo by Sari M Bailey